Tom Kha Soup - with Chicken (Thai coconut soup)
- Oraganic Chicken Broth - 32 oz
- Unsweetened coconut milk - 8 oz
- Lemon Grass - 1 long leaf (about 12 inch long)
- Kaffir lime leaves - 2-3
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Ginger - about 2 inch piece, sliced
- Cilantro leaves - 1 tbsp chopped
- Green chillies - 2-3 whole
- Chicken - about 4 oz chopped in small pieces
- White button mushrooms - 2 oz chopped (1 mushroom into 4 or 6 pieces)
- Salt to tatse
- In a stalkpot, add chicken broth and chicken pieces.
- When the chicken is cooked, add mushrooms, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves,ginger and chillies and salt.
- Continue to boil for another 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to meduim and cover the stalkpot with a lid. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes for the flavors to mix.
- Add coconut milk, stir and cook on medium for another 2-3 minutes.
- Strain out the lemon grass and kaffir lime pieces. You can strain out the chillies and ginger if you want.
- Add lemon juice and cilantro and serve hot.