Colorful Lettuce salad
- Lettuce - 2 cups chopped
- Yellow bell pepper - 1/2 cup coarsely chopped
- Orange bell pepper - 1/2 cup coarsely chopped
- Grape tomatoes - 1 cup whole
- Red Onion - 1/2 cup coarsely chopped
- Cilantro - 1tbsp chopped
- Assorted shredded cheese - 1 tbsp.
- Almonds - 2 tbsp. sliced
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp.
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tbsp.
- Fresh ground pepper - as required
- Fresh ground sea salt - as required
- Parmesan cheese - 1/2 tbsp. shredded
- In a salad bowl, whisk together the salad dressing in the order of the ingredients listed above.
- One the dressing is mixed well, add the Salad ingredients beginning with lettuce and following the order as listed.
- Every time toss the salad in the bowl as you add a new ingredient. If tossing is difficult, gently mix the salad using a wide spatula.
- Care should be taken the salad is not crushed while mixing or tossing.
- Make sure most of the salad is coated with the salad dressing.
- Add more salt, pepper or lemon juice if needed.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for 15 minutes and serve cold.
- Choice of lettuce is as per your liking. I like Iceberg lettuce in salads since it is more juicy. You can use Romaine Lettuce too.
- You can add some cooked salad shrimp or grilled chicken breast to add more proteins to the salad.
- Lemon juice can be substituted with vinegar.