This recipe is real simple and quick. The recipe calls for lots of garlic and turmeric. So it automatically becomes a fix for your itchy throat especially during allergy season. My baby loves this soup especially when she is down with cold and wants just something warm to drink.
- Swanson Organic Chicken Stalk - 1 carton (32 oz)
- Garlic cloves: 8-10
- Turmeric - 1 tsp
- Crushed black pepper:1 tsp
- dash of Sea Salt
- Oregano: 1/2 tsp
- Onion 1/2 cup fine chopped
- Organic boneless skinless chicken thighs: 8-10 oz
- Egg - 1 count
- Oil - 2-3 tsp
- Rinse and chop chicken into bite size pieces and marinate with a pinch of salt, turmeric, oregano and about 1/2 tsp of oil and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a vessel and add garlic cloves when oil is hot. Crush the garlic cloves inside the oil using a potato smasher. Stir fry garlic cloves till they turn golden brown.
- Add turmeric, chopped onions and oregano and stir fry till onions become translucent.
- Add marinated chicken pieces and stir fry till chicken is had cooked.
- Add chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Boil for about 10 minutes or till chicken pieces are fully cooked.
- Beat egg is a bowl and pour it into the boiling soup.Stir continuously so that egg spreads out well in the boiling liquid.
- Add sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve hot.
- To add a little extra taste, add a teaspoon of vinegar and Serrano peppers when serving.